It’s goal setting time again! Can you believe we are already one whole month into 2020?! How is your year starting off? I’m feeling inspired, hopeful, and surprisingly, calm. I’m embracing that last one extra because calm & motherhood don’t often go hand in hand! I’ll start off by reviewing the goals I set last month and then I’ll share the goals I’m setting for this month.
But first – let’s talk today’s Valentine’s Day outfit details…
If you like to dress up for V’day but don’t love getting decked out in all red or pink, then today’s outfit idea is for you. I love the idea of pairing a dress that you would wear anytime with subtle extras, like a pink purse or heart earrings. I linked several pink handbags & heart earrings in today’s post for you (scroll to bottom to shop). Honestly, I would wear this look for any date night, but that’s what I like about it- it’s versatile so you can get so many more wears out of it, making the cost per wear low which is a major win! #budgetsavvy
Wanna know a secret? I rented this fun Free People dress from Nuuly, a clothing rental subscription service. If you love Anthropologie, Free People, or Urban Outfitters BUT don’t love the price tag than Nuuly would be perfect for you! I talk all about Nuuly over on Instagram here. If you want to try it out, DDS readers can save $10 on their first month through this link! That means you get to shop like Cher from Clueless & pick out 6 pieces of clothing to wear all month for only $84! That’s cheaper than just one shirt from Anthro!
Okay, now for all my goal- getters out there, let’s talk February goals! And don’t forget to share a link to your February goals blog post or share a goal you have for this month in the comments below!!
- transfer over links to liketoknow.it – COMPLETE – You can follow me on the app by searching ‘danielledunnstyle’ under influencer search. You might be wondering what liketoknow.it even it is – it’s an affiliate program for bloggers. When you shop through the app or through the links on my blog, I get a small commission but don’t worry – your price doesn’t go up by shopping through the links, in fact, part of my job is to search and link to the BEST DEALS for you! As always, your support means the world to me! Each and every time you shop through my links you can know I’m doing a happy dance!
- Take 2 blogging related online masterclasses – COMPLETE!
- Start learning SEO – this one is a doozy & will be an ongoing goal for me.
- Post 1-2 new blog posts/ week – YES! WOO HOO!
- Take vitamins every morning – YES! BOOM!
- Read 1 book – Finished TWO books! Feeling very proud of this one because I think I finished maybe 2 whole books the entire year last year!
- Attend yoga at least 2x/week – not quite… I got sick last week and I missed several classes. Hoping to get back to it this month!
- Run at least 1x/week – NO. I ran once. The cold weather kills me BUT I’m going to push through and keep this one for this month too.
- Sign up for 5k – YES! Signed up for CASA Superhero 5k – Ro and I ran this one last year & we can’t wait to run it again!
- Embraced Devotional 5 days/ week – YES! Most weeks 6 or 7 days! I just can’t express how much I love this devotional.
- Daily Gratitude Journal 5 days/week (Daily Deposit) – YES! Same as above, such a game changer for my mindset throughout the day!
- Set up monthly tithe to draft automatically – COMPLETE.
- Finish ‘Mom Up’ Book – COMPLETE, with a few days to spare! Gosh, I love this book too. Mamas, no matter what stage of life you are in, this book speaks all the way to your soul! I can’t recommend it enough.
- Meet with 1-2 friends this month (sans kiddos) – YES! Major win! It took us nearly the whole month to make it happen, with several reschedules (such as mom life) but it happened and it was great!
- Discover 1 new place/activity as a family – COMPLETE. We went to Chestatee Wildlife Preserve and loved it. We had the whole place to ourselves. I’m not sure who loved feeding the animals more, Josh or Ro! It’s off the beaten path, but if you and your kiddos love animals, the unusual variety of animals and how close you get to them puts traditional zoos to shame!
- Take Ro on a mommy/Ro date – we ended up doing a lot of family dates this month. I definitely want to do a solo date with him though, so I’ll move that to February.
- Start looking into a blogger conference to attend
- Join 3-5 Blogging related Facebook groups
- Keep learning SEO
- Post 1-2 new blog posts/ week
- Go to dermatologist
- Read 2 books
- Attend yoga at least 2x/week
- Run at least 1x/week
- Sign up for 5k
- Embraced Devotional + Daily Gratitude Journal 5 days/ week
- Find a bible study & start – send me any recommendations you have!
- Memorize 2 scripture verses
- Meet with 1-2 friends this month (sans kiddos)
- Discover 1 new place/activity as a family
- Take Ro on a mommy/Ro date
- Date Night with Josh 1x/week with ZERO phone time
What are some of your February goals?
Do you love a traditional pink or red Valentine’s Day outfit or more nontraditional?